Add Adventure with Harvest Host
Want a full year of access to a database of some unforgettable RV locations for the cost of ONE NIGHT at an RV resort? If you haven’t heard of Harvest Host and you own an RV – let us show you some of the cool places we’ve gotten to stay for practically FREE!
Harvest Hosts is a membership program that provides access to a network of wineries, farms, breweries, museums, golf courses and other unique attractions that invite self-contained RVers to visit and stay overnight. For a yearly membership fee, Harvest Hosts’ members are invited to stay at hundreds of exciting locations around North America and experience new opportunities to explore and enjoy the RVing lifestyle. The company’s goal is to provide meaningful experiences for RVers and Hosts alike.
The fee is minimal and is quickly recouped with one or two nights stay. Visit the HH website here for current programs and rates.
Once a member, you’ll have access to a dashboard like the one below with 1000’s of hosts to view. Hosts are easy to find along your route as you can enter departure & destination, use manual location, or select by state/region to find a host you may want to visit. The “within miles of route” feature allows you to travel deep into the countryside or stay close to the main highway by selecting between 5-120 miles of distance off of your planned route.
You can also filter what type of businesses you would like to stay at under the preferences, length of RV and see if your host is willing to accept pets. All very intuitive and regularly updated.
Once you select a host, you’ll see a card pop up with some necessary information, photo and address. If you click the card, it will take you to a page with more detailed information such as how to contact the host, number of spaces, and any particulars the host asks of travelers.
The membership asks visitors to follow some simple common courtesies outlined below (from the Harvest Host website).
- Call the number directly on the Host Page an ask for the contact person listed. Many times, the phone numbers listed on the page are different from the main business number because they are a direct number to a specific person.
- Support Your Host. The easiest and most common way to do this is by making a purchase to say “Thank You” for sharing their property with you. However, it could also be by volunteering your time to assist the owners with something around their property. For golf courses, you may find you don’t have time to shoot a whole round of golf but most locations have great options for dining, making for a quick dinner upon arriving or breakfast before you head out in the morning.
- Write positive reviews on Social Media and the Harvest Hosts website.
- Be Considerate! Always call ahead unless the Host page says otherwise.
- Ask before using your generator and if you are parked near the Host’s neighbors or other RVs, please use it sparingly and only between the hours of 8am and 10pm.
- Keep your pet on a leash (unless told otherwise by the Host) to ensure their safety and to be respectful.
- Don’t ask to stay longer than one day. If the Hosts invite you, then do so and enjoy!
- Arrive during the designated hours. If your plans change, call the Host and let them know.
Hosts are very generous to allow members to stay overnight, so please do not take advantage and remember that the success of the program lies with each of us always being considerate.