Want a full year of access to a database of unforgettable RV overnight locations for the cost of ONE NIGHT at an RV resort? If so keep reading!
If you haven’t heard of Harvest Hosts and you own an RV – let us show you some of the cool places we’ve gotten to stay as members!
What is it?
Harvest Hosts is a membership program that provides access to a network of wineries, farms, breweries, museums, golf courses, and other unique attractions that invite self-contained RVers to visit and stay overnight. Harvest Hosts’ members are invited to stay at thousands of exciting locations around North America and experience new opportunities to explore and enjoy the RVing lifestyle for a yearly membership fee. The company’s goal is to provide meaningful experiences for RVers and Hosts alike.
The fee is minimal and is quickly recouped with one or two nights’ stay. Visit the Harvest Hosts website here for current programs and rates.
Harvest Hosts Membership
Once a member, you’ll have access to a dashboard like the one below with 1000’s hosts to view. Hosts are easy to find along your route as you can enter departure & destination, use manual location, or select by state/region to find a host you may want to visit. The “within miles of the route” feature allows you to travel deep into the countryside or stay close to the main highway by selecting between 5-120 miles of distance off of your planned route.
You can also filter what type of businesses you would like to stay at under the preferences, length of RV and see if your host is willing to accept pets. All very intuitive and regularly updated.
Once you select a host, you’ll see a card pop up with some necessary information, photo and address. If you click the card, it will take you to a page with more detailed information such as how to contact the host, the number of spaces, and any particulars the host asks of travelers.
The membership asks visitors to follow some simple common courtesies outlined below (from the Harvest Hosts website).
Harvest Hosts Etiquette Reminders:
- Call the number directly on the Host Page and ask for the contact person listed. The phone numbers listed on the page are often different from the main business number because they are a direct number to a specific person.
- Support Your Host. The easiest and most common way to do this is by purchasing to say “Thank You” for sharing their property with you. However, it could also be by volunteering your time to assist the owners with something around their property. For golf courses, you may find you don’t have time to shoot a whole round of golf, but most locations have great options for dining, making for a quick dinner upon arriving, or breakfast before you head out in the morning.
- Write positive reviews on Social Media and the Harvest Hosts website.
- Be Considerate! Always call ahead unless the hosts’ page says otherwise.
- Ask before using your generator and if you are parked near the Host’s neighbors or other RVs, please use it sparingly and only between the hours of 8 am and 10 pm.
- Please keep your pet on a leash (unless told otherwise by the Host) to ensure their safety and to be respectful.
- Don’t ask to stay longer than one day. If the Hosts invite you, then do so and enjoy!
- Arrive during the designated hours. If your plans change, call the host and let them know.
Hosts are very generous to allow members to stay overnight, so please do not take advantage and remember that the success of the program lies with each of us always being considerate.